Hello Stampers! The Friends of SUBA are Christmas hopping today. You are going to love all the beautiful Christmas ideas and cards on this hop. Christmas can be a stressful time, but if you start early you will be able to sit back and enjoy the time with family and friends.
It is going to be a Snowflake Christmas at my house this year.
I chose to highlight the Snowflake Showcase stamp set, Snow is Glistening. Reminder – this Limited Edition set is only available during the month of November or while supplies last.
A couple of weeks ago I found these glittery battery-operated votive candles. Once I saw the small snowflake I knew it would be a fun addition to the candles. I made a coaster out of Real Red card stock and a large Sparkle Glimmer Paper snowflake. The votives look so cute grouped on my table. I plan to use them for party favors at my stamp club Christmas party.
My cards for today are all the same design but in many different colors: Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo. Gorgeous Grape, and Blueberry Bushel.
Which color is your favorite?
Tips for creating this card:
- Cut a card base 11’ x 4 ¼”, score at 5 ½”.
- Cut a layer of Silver Foil at 5 ¼” x 4”
- Cut colored card stock layer at 5” x 3 ¾”
- Use your Stamparatus to stamp the falling snow at the top of the card. Stamp with VersaMark. Use the small snowflake stamp to add some snow down the sides of the card front. Heat emboss with White Embossing powder.
- Spray Thick White Cardstock with Frost White Shimmer Paint. Once it is dry you will die cut a large snowflake. Die cut a medium Sparkle Glimmer Paper snowflake.
- Assemble your card layers, add snowflakes on the card along with a twist of Silver Thread.
- Stamp Joy in the color of you card and punch with 1” circle punch. Attach to center of the snowflake.
Here is a close up: I used Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol and sprayed the colored layer and the large snowflake. A twist of Silver Thread added even more shimmer.
Christmas deserves to be sparkly and bright!
Hop on to Leighsa and the rest of the Friends for even more Christmas joy!
I always enjoy hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
if you have any questions.
All orders placed with this Host Code will receive a gift from me.
Your Shopping List